Our first priority is to make every pet sitting visit a fun and relaxing experience for your cat. Whether they like to to play pouncing games with string, feathers and laser lights or to crawl into a warm lap for massages and adoration, we are happy to accommodate!
Before your first trip, your cat sitter will schedule a free in-home consultation so that you can introduce her to your cats, review their care instructions, and provide your travel and contact details. There is no charge for this meeting.
All of our sitters are independent contractors, meaning they provide all the care your kitty needs, 7 days per week. This creates a very close relationship between you, your sitter and your kitty, so you feel comfortable knowing who is in your home and caring for your kitty each time you travel. Each sitter is trained in pet first aid and is bonded, insured and covered by WCB.
Daily Email Updates and Photos!
Over and over clients tell us that their favourite aspect of our service are the daily pictures and email updates that we send for all the cats in our care. No more worrying about how your kitty is doing at home - just enjoy your travels and check in periodically when you pass an Internet cafe. News and photos of your kitties is guaranteed to make you smile. Every picture on this website was sent in an email update.
Please visit our rates page for complete information about pricing.
Each visit includes:
- buckets of love, attention, games or any other whim your kitty chooses
- preparing food, treats and water, with careful attention to feeding instructions, including raw diets
- rental of an automatic feeder for kitties who only need one visit per day but who would like 2 or 3 meals every 24 hours
- litter scooping/changing and monitoring for signs of changes in health
- administering medications
- your cats favourite activities - brushing, petting, playing or pouncing!
- watering indoor plants, bringing in mail & newspapers, adjusting blinds and other basic home care to meet the requirements of your home insurance
- daily journals and photos of your cats visits, sent to your email account
In-home cat sitting visits are available in most parts of Vancouver, Burnaby, North Vancouver and Richmond.
Special Needs Cats
If your cat is on a daily medication that is necessary for his or her well-being, a trial-run visit may be requested before your trip. Regular rates apply for this visit.
An in-home consultation meeting must be completed before you leave for your trip - there is no charge for this visit. This gives everyone (your cats included!) the opportunity to decide whether in-home cat sitting is the best option for your cats. The consultation usually takes 30 - 60 minutes (depending on how much you like to talk about your fur-kids!) and includes meeting your cats, learning about their habits, likes and dislikes, agreeing on the services needed, and completing the necessary forms.
If you have more questions about our services, please read our FAQs.
We look forward to meeting you and your kitty! If would like to inquire about availability for cat sitting services, please complete the following form or phone us at (778) 371-5271.
If you are an existing client of Urban Tails, please complete the Repeat Client Cat Sitting Inquiry form.